The Grand Traverse
We have selected the best cycling highlights of this region - from Western slopes of the Snowy Mountains over historic stockman trails to the eastern plains of the Snowy River Valley. This tour has a wide variety of cycling experiences.
This tour travels from west to east of the Alps via the eucalypt forest slopes of Limestone Pass, before a gradual assent to Jindabyne and one of the best Lakeside rides in the Alps. This tour also includes a night at Thredbo alpine village and a night at Lake Jindabyne in the Kosciuszko National Park.
On the way to Yarrangobilly you will find an amazing karst landscape of small caves and gorges. Here you can choose to rest and take in the beautiful landscape, enjoy a picnic or take a short walk along Cave Creek, view small cave entrances and head down into the amazing Clarke Gorge. While the caves are some of the most beautiful in Australia, the landscape above ground is truly awe inspiring and well worth taking the time for a wander, you never know what you will come across.
10 days of bicycle adventure with the chance to extend yourself if you wish
This tour can be combined with the High country rail and Murray Valley combination tour and forms part of the 14 day Wanderlust Cycle Tour.
If you book two consecutive tours with us we will include one nights lodging (before, after or between tours) free of charge.
- cycle over the Australian Alps via the picturesque Limestone Pass
- go for an early morning walk into the little river falls and native forest to hear the native birds "dawn chorus"
- travel through beautiful forest clad mountains and along scenic Snowy River valley
- experience one of the best Lakeside cycling rides in the country
- ride up Mt Kosciuszko chair lift to Cycle down the single MTB trails to Thredbo village
- enjoy a Schnapps tasting in the Wild Brumby Distillery.
- go back in time at the historic gold mining village at the Kiandra.
- Spend some time exploring Yarrangobilly Caves and the thermal pools.
- Explore historic huts, Currango Homestead and Tantangara dam.
- takes in the overwhelming geology of the Blue Water Holes crystal clear springs at Clarke Gorge and the Cooleman Limestone plains.
- Close to Talbingo, you can take a walk along the Jounama Creek and enjoy the native bushland. Finish your walk with a picnic by the creek.
- Visit Landers Creek Falls on the Cumberland Trail.
- Batlow has a network of bush trails at the Weemala Lookout. Look out over the town and orchards and see some relics of the goldmining era.
- In Adelong the creek walk links to the Adelong Falls Gold Mill Ruins a great spot to explore for the whole family.
- From here a side trip to see the Boggy Creek stockman Show and visit the Laurel Hill Blue Berry Farm and Mannus Winery and the Tumbarumba historical museum & Pioneer Women’s Hut Museum
- Further along the Snowy Valleys Way lunch is enjoyed at Paddy's River Falls
- Stopping to ponder The Southern Cloud Memorial lookout.
- all accommodation provided and catered
Supply your own bike or the Rental of our 2015 Giant Sypress LX or LXW is available, these bikes are perfectly suited to the varying road surfaces you will encounter.